Buffalo Point First Nation Chief and Council has been closely following all developments regarding COVID-19. We will be following Public Health requirements set out by the government of Manitoba.
Please review the following website for more information.
The health and safety of our guests, employees and community are our top priority in this uncertain time. Please visit www.buffalopoint.ca for any updates within Buffalo Point.
In response to the province’s April 29 Restoring Safe Services Plan please find BPFN Phase I Reopening Plan effective immediately.
*Fawnway Park currently closed for construction improvements.*
Buffalo Point Cabin Rentals
• Users must bring the following items for their stay:
• Dishes cutlery, and cups
• Linen, sheets, blankets, pillow cases (Lakefront + Lakeview – queen size bedding, Resort Centre – twin bedding)
• Bath towels and tea towels
• Hand sanitizer and personal hygiene products
• Limited cooking utensils, a pot and a pan will be available.
• Cabins will be opened for booking after May 14.
• We are practicing a no contact check-in/check-out policy; this means we will be taking payment via phone (204)437-2777 and charging your booking at that time. There is no need to check in at the Resort Centre, your keys will be left in your cabin.
• Daily cleaning and towel service will be suspended until further notice.
• Extra sanitizing of cabins will be implemented after a guest has checked out.
• There is a maximum of four people per cabin at this time.
• To limit contact and ensure staff and patron safety, we will not be providing daily turnaround service on your cabin during your stay.
Lake of the Sandhills Golf
• The driving range is open as of May 6, please call (204)437-2777 and purchase via phone with your credit card.
• All range balls are to be picked up at the Resort Centre
• After use, please leave range buckets at your driving range spot and our staff will collect and sanitize the golf balls and buckets.
• Lake of the Sandhills Golf Course opens May 8 to our members. All members must check-in with Golf Clubhouse (204)437-2777 to confirm their tee-time before entering course. The clubhouse representative will then direct you when to proceed to hole one.
• Please do not be early/late for your tee time; arrive at hole #1 at designated time.
• A maximum of four golfers allowed per hole.
• Lake of the Sandhills Golf Course opens May 15 to the general public.
• Each golfer will require their own cart unless you are from the same household; maximum of two golfers per cart if from the same household.
• Golf course available tee times are 8 am to 4 pm.
• To ensure fast and efficient service, we are requesting one patron pay for their golf group (i.e. one person pays for the entire foursome)
• League play has been suspended until further notice.
Buffalo Point Resort Centre/Fire and Water Bistro and Lounge
• The resort centre/restaurant/lounge/VLT room/patio will be closed to the public. We will be offering take-out and delivery food service options.
• The hours of take-out/delivery food service will be 12pm to 8pm Wednesday to Sunday.
• We will only be accepting orders via phone at (204)437-2777.
• All payments must be done by credit card over the phone.
• The menu at the Fire and Water bistro will be condensed to the “Classic Grub” section.
• Take-out orders will be available for pickup at a designated curbside area by the side of the resort centre.
• Delivery will be to your cabin/house, left at your door. Please try and limit human contact during this transaction,
• There is no delivery charge.
• Delivery is available in Buffalo Point only.
Buffalo Bay Camping
• Self Contained (campers with an operational bathroom) will be able to start camping on May 15.
• We are practicing a no contact check-in/check-out policy; this means we will be taking payment via phone (204)437-2402. There is no need to check in to the marina/store.
• At this time, we are unable to accommodate tents or any camping unit that does not have an operational bathroom until further notice.
• Opening of bathrooms at the campground are also postponed until further notice.
• Please bring your own toilet paper and other hygiene products.
Buffalo Bay Marina and Convenience Store
• Hours are Monday to Friday – 9 am to 5pm, Sunday 12pm to 5pm.
• The staff will assist you with your order.
• Please call (204)437-2402 for more information.
** Fishing Licenses are now available to purchase online for your convenience (https://www.manitobaelicensing.ca/licensing.page)
Buffalo Point Health
• All business conducted will be by appointment only. Please call (204)437-3001 for more information.
• Check Buffalo Point First Nation Health & Wellness Facebook for updates and summer planning (https://www.facebook.com/buffalopointhealth/)
Buffalo Point Administration/Museum
• Closed to the public until further notice.
• All bill payments, with the exception of property taxes, can be made over the phone (204)437-2777 or use drop box located outside the building.
Buffalo Point Maintenance
• Hours are 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
• Services and job will be limited and prioritised by needs and safety
• Please call (204)437-2688
We will continue to monitor progress and will update information as plans change.
We remind all people who have been travelling outside of Manitoba to please respect the 14-day self-isolation upon your return to Buffalo Point.
Buffalo Point would like to thank people for their patronage, patience, support and understanding during these times.
It is our Social Responsibility to do our part in minimizing the risk to ourselves, our families, our colleagues and our neighbors.
We at BPFN take the Manitoba Health requirements very seriously.
Failure to comply with these requirements could result in visitors being asked to leave and/or provincial penalties.