Buffalo Point First Nation Covid-19 Pandemic Response Statement
Updated March 15, 2022
Manitoba moves to Green (Limited Risk) under the provincial Pandemic Response System.
Buffalo Point First Nation wishes to assure all guests, employees, families, and community residents we are taking the Covid-19 pandemic seriously and your health and safety remains our top priority.
Buffalo Point First Nation continues to monitor Covid-19 developments while implementing provincial Public Health orders and recommendations.
Effective Mar. 15 proof of vaccinations, mandatory masks, and indoor and outdoor capacity limits will be lifted and replaced with Public Health preventative recommendations. (Exception is the Health & wellness Center that will still be implementing mandatory screening and masks to enter the building for individuals requiring service).
Please be reminded Covid-19 is not over, the virus continues to circulate in Manitoba (including here at Buffalo Point).
Help us decease the transmission of Covid-19 in our community and facilities by:
- Refraining from visiting Buffalo Point if you are ill and/or have tested positive for Covid-19 on a rapid antigen test (RAT) or polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.
- Practicing social distancing of 6 feet or more when indoors one of our facilities.
- Wearing recommended non-medical masks in indoor public places especially if you are not able to social distance.
- Avoiding greetings that involve touching such as handshakes, hugs, etc.
- Obtaining your first and second Covid-19 vaccines and/or boosters as soon as you are eligible.
- Washing your hands frequently and thoroughly including when you enter any of our facilities.
- Practicing safe cough etiquette.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently used surfaces.
- Considering avoiding crowded places and events if you are at higher risk.
Additional Information on Public Health recommendations and orders can be found at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/.
Thanking you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we maneuver through these unprecedented times!
Stay Safe & Stay Healthy
• We are practicing a no contact check-in/check-out policy; this means we will be taking payment via phone (204) 437-2777 and charging your booking at that time. There is no need to check in at the Resort Centre, your keys will be left in your cabin.
• Daily cleaning and towel service will be suspended until further notice.
• Extra sanitizing of cabins will be implemented after a guest has checked out.
• There is a maximum of four people per cabin at this time.
• To limit contact and ensure staff and patron safety, we will not be providing daily turnaround service on your cabin during your stay.
A visual spectacle of rugged, natural beauty carved out Lake of the Woods, Buffalo Point Resort is as breathtaking as it is fun, offering some of the finest year round outdoor recreation and hospitality you’ll find anywhere.
Located on southern Lake of the Woods in Manitoba, Buffalo Point Resort overlooks the waters of Big Traverse Bay, Muskeg Bay and Buffalo Bay and has been the recreational playground for returning families and outdoor enthusiasts for decades.
Year Round Activities for the Whole Family
From 7 miles of white sandy beaches and the best walleye fishing year round to winter fun like world class snowmobiling, there’s no shortage of family activities to do all year round.
Fire & Water Bistro – Limited Menu
Wednesday – Sunday 1pm – 9pm
Due to the industry wide staff shortage we will be opening the Bistro, Lounge and VLTS Wednesday through Sunday 1-9. A new menu has been implemented with burgers, chicken fingers, soups, poutines and more!
Please fill out form below: